Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's been so long

Sorry it has been such a long time. I am really hoping that the arrival of our little Rachel Avery will inspire me to write more and keep you people up to date. I am just not too good at it.

We wanted to give you an update about our pregnancy/labor. The long story short is that I am 38 weeks this week and have been walking through a slow process of labor since last Wednesday. I am dilated to a 4 and 75% effaced. My doctor was expecting us to have her last Thursday or Friday but God obviously has a different plan.

As anxious as we were to have her last week I saw the hand of God over the entire process since then. All of my family drove up from Beaumont and Stephen stayed home from work which allowed us to have about 4 days straight of quality family time. Stephen's parents stayed with us prior to that (because their electricity was out) and we had a great time with them as well.

Stephen and I went walking ALOT but we had some of the most amazing talks and prayer times together and just got to enjoy each other before our lives are changed forever. He is the most amazing man that I know. Seriously, I am so honored to be his wife. He is full of love for me and has been an amazing support through this process. I love Him and can't wait to bring his daughter into this world.

Well, all of my family has gone back home as of today and things are "back to normal". We are just waiting patiently and praying for God's perfect timing. I am not working or leading worship right now (I miss it alot) but I am also at complete peace about this new "at home" season being the wife and mother I am called to be.

This is so long but hopefully next time you will be seeing a picture of our little Rachel and hearing all about her. I am going to add some random photos that I wanted to share with you.

Thank you Jesus for the great things to come.


My Elvis pose at our most recent visit to Memphis, TN

Me and Lomamma - such a faithful friend.
Just in case you don't know...she hates Whataburger

Our cousin Farris Owen (Warnock) at her wedding in Tennessee. She is just as beautiful inside.

Stephen and I at Farris' wedding. Isn't he cute in suspenders? (All the Warnock men wore them in honor of Grandpa Bob).

Tara & Jeremy! We have a wedding date...Nov 8th - God is so faithful and His timing is perfect!

This is pretty old, I think Isaac was like 6 weeks old her but i wanted to recognize and honor one of my precious friends. Mel, you are one of the most amazing wife and mom that i know. Thank you for being you!

No comments:

Post a Comment